Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Musical Comfort

The past few nights have truly enlightened me. Musical ideas that I've had for decades are now flowing like liquid gold. And the Yamaha gear keeps reminding me why I bought them in the first place. I think what amazes me the most right now is, anytime I am simply practicing or trying out some new musical sketch, I am hearing stellar quality audio. Gain stage isn't a struggle any more and I get to attentuating fader groups real fast. Some of this is learning and habits, but another large part of this process is workflow that is in harmony with my songwriting and instrument playing.

My new ukulele 'Jennie' is a blast to play. She is showing me another side of Harry's musical interests. I am already thinking about a ukuele folk/pop/jazz disc. Although I am busy enough as it is as I continue to track and edit the current album, I am finding that venturing off and trying a different musical canvas not only freshens my ears but keeps my creativity alive and flowing. And I adore playing 'banjo' on the ukulele! Very unique sound and style.

There is still much work ahead with regards to project details concerning this album. Right now I have all projects on rotation that is managed by my iPod. I call it distributor management because it reminds me of a mechanical automotive ignition distributor that rotates around firing each spark plug one by one in turn. I never dreamed I would grow to a point in my life managing screaming headaches that I would accomplish MORE, not less. This is truly a milestone. And to frost THAT cake, recently the USA.FDA banned one of my medications. So now, I am doing pain "raw" which is delightfully different to say the least.

In closing, I am tinkering with my websites in between the myriad of todo's I am juggling. It's spring and I am enjoying my writing workshops again. As well, I am reading John Abbott's 'Napoleon Bonaparte' and Mark Russinovich's 'Zero Day' both engrossing and good reads. I became interested in Napoleon's history while playing a staggering strategy game, 'Napoleon:Total.War' which is the best gun powder strategy game I have played to date. Also, I bought the game for $8 dollars during a Steam sale! I also plan to play Total.War.Shogun2 which is a beautiful, gorgeous, 16th century strategy! I simply do not have any available time in my distributor cap to fire more spark plugs.

Napoleon: Total War and Total War: Shogun 2 Soundtracks
http://blogs.sega.com/totalwar/2011/04/11/shogun-2-and-napoleon-soundtracks-released/


HHNET