Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Digital Piano Purchase

In my previous blog I discussed some details about my shopping digital pianos. I continued my research for quite some time before making my final decision.

After much thought and consideration I have chosen the Yamaha MOX8. The MOX8 was not my favorite graded hammer keyboard. But, it's very playable and its other features out-perform the majority of the other stage pianos and digital pianos.

My primary wishlist was:

  • 88 weighted action keys
  • Transpose ability/function/control up on deck
The MOX8 has weighted action keys and Transpose function up on deck. In addition, the MOX8 is providing me a security blanket in the DAW/Recording department in that it offers 4-channel USB audio recording and no latency monitoring. This is but another way to create and record music in lieu of my other gear failing or becoming obsolete altogether.

Additionally, like the MOTIF XS the MOX8 has a multipart editor allowing for complete internal control of the synth. You can also create VST and mixing templates. This allows you to control your VST plugins using the front panel controls of the MOX8. This alone is a stellar feature, besides the fact that the entire control surface of the MOX8 has been integrated out-of-the-box for Cubase.

The MOX8 arrives today and I'm excited to play it in the new recording space.


HHNET