Sunday, November 30, 2008

Phew! Another Month

Well jee, where DOES the time go?

In my case, I lose quite a volume of time to brain injury related matters. Nevertheless, we all have the same 24 hours a day to utilize and time is continually ticking away and there's not a dang thing you can do about it. Usually the best course of action is to utilize the time and DO something with it, anytime you can.

Although winter is here in the California mountains, we are going to set up an outdoor tent specifically to house a new Total_Gym. That's right, the one you see Chuck_Norris selling on TV. My 1st one lasted about 12 years before I chucked it into a dumpster. It had gone through 3 wheel change sets, lots of cleaning and lubricating while traveling all over the USA for nearly 10_years; including 2 rides on a commercial jet when it got banged up pretty good but was still my trusty Total_Gym and worked well. In any case, we are looking forward to this physical fitness arena add-on to the RV and my body is crying out for the exercise which pretty much came to a halt when I moved into the RV, 3 years ago come this May 2009.

On the projects home front, the most recent items that I ordered having to do with the recording studio, did NOT arrive at my physical location. So now I am tracking down items and getting the sellers to reship to me via FedEx with a signature.

Additionally, the NDS/slot1 site has been slow coming to say the least. I've been getting nailed so much with spinal issues and other health matters I am a month behind on this project. Still, I think I can wrestle the site to its minimal completion by December 20th. If I can't, I will change the release date, but this would be my last choice, since there are many users who have been waiting for the site with the DEC_20 date promise.

I am looking at purchasing a new 12_string guitar and a 4_string banjo. So, at this stage I am window shopping and researching product lines and technologies.

The Xbox360 has become all the more enjoyable with the NXE (new xbox experience) which is the new dashboard interface Microsoft released on NOV19. I opted for a Netflix account at $8 a month for 1 DVD out and unlimited streaming on XboxLIVE. Already, inside of 12 days, it has paid for itself TWICE compared to local CHEAP DVD rentals at $1 dollar each. I'm impressed the 360 continues to play a major role in our home's multimedia enjoyment. Kathy got Madden_09 for $30_bucks so I finally have a 360_version of Madden. Up until now I had Madden_04 and_07 for Xbox1 which none of the Madden's are playable on the 360. Also, the 20th anniversary edition of Madden_09 is a gorgeous game even if you don't like football.

Although I have not accomplished much in the month of November, I am trying to make this reading enjoyable nevertheless. My NintendoDS has some cool new games which I have yet to try out. Being a strategy nut, I did plunge into Age_Of_Mythologies right away and enjoyed that. I will blog about DS games in another blog after having the time to both play the games and write about them.

Meanwhile, we're just creeping up on the tail of Fall here. The air is crisp, the fog rolls in and the quiet of Winter has begun to creep into this area. The holiday people are gone, the groundskeepers themselves are somewhat hibernated, and like bears, I'm ready to enjoy 4 to 5 months of quiet time. With the exception of videogames, watching movies and playing music.

If you are wanting to participate more in my activities you can join my Twitter at http://twitter.com/HappyHarryNET

Until next time...

;;cheers;;