Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Losing Time

Aha! I've lost a week. These blasted headaches are burying me. The new mic boom mount was cheesy so I need to buy a small 3.5-inch circular saw so I can cut some wood and make some custom blocks for the table to create a dead-solid mount for the boom stand. These delays are really stressing me out. Songwriting alone is challenging enough let alone not being able to record the songs. In hindsite, if I were to do this all over again, and I may just might be doing that, I will go with a dedicated hard drive recording system. In just trying all of these combinations I have somewhat grown out of computer DAW recording. Maybe its great for people who never have health issues and have more time to iron out the niggles. For me, my only chance now is with the Mac. Reaper is showing good promise. Cubase4 works and Logic is another learning lesson. I don't wanna learn, I wanna record. I may still buy a MackieHD24 and connect my 01X lightpipe to that. Luckily the 01X also can be a standalone, automated mixer. That's why I bought it.

I'm bluesy. But I've come this far. So I trust the rest will come with more time. Providing I don't run out of time, I'll be okay.