Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Music Collaborating

One of the music forums that I frequent is having a collaboration. About a week ago I was sent secret instructions to construct a [bridge] in A minor, 120 BPM, modern rock. My instrument tracks are to be drums, bass and guitar.

Meanwhile, I am in limbo for my workstation is packed and ready for a swap with Yamaha, so I began constructing my arrangement using the QY-100 which is perfect for "in a pinch" situations like these when you don't have your regular gear to work with.

I have created the drum and bass tracks and have recorded them into the 4416 recording console and have applied EQ and L1 Limiter to liven up the mix. I will record acoustic-electric 12-string guitar as track 4 and remix. When done, I will burn a WAV file to CD-R and also upload the file to my FTP for the forum admin to download and import into their mix.

I can honestly say that spending my time involved with music is very rewarding.

HHNET