Saturday, October 09, 2010

Summer, Winter, Autumn & Spring

Some might say Fall is here. Well, I say Fall was already here and now is nearly gone. During the tail of the actual Summer season, one afternoon the wind kicked up and spun some leaves and the air, "changed". Immediately I recognized that Summer was over and that Fall had begun. The very next day the various animals began changing their behaviors. It is quite noticeable when you pay attention to them.

The warm temperatures and breezes are gone and my bones ache again. Waking up is like the TinMan from the Wizard Of Oz. I should have an oil can on my night stand. Or at least a can of WD40. But, with this new diet and lifestyle which I began on June 25th, pushing myself onto my feet is easier than in the past. I have more energy and generally feel better even when I have a blistering headache. The weight loss benefits keep paying off with every pound that I lose. Yesterday I clocked in at 38 pounds down from 250 which is wonderful. It's not a miracle. It simply is the results from making better decisions and life choices.

Beating the rain to the finish line is important now. The RV is getting its Fall maintenance per se and I am a pretty good judge of character when it comes to MotherNature and I know I don't have much more time. I still have the roof to finish and I suspect perhaps another 10 to 20 days and then its time to get wet. Once that happens, its too late to do "dry repairing" to anything that requires it. So this weekend through next week will be the final steps to completing the chores needed to secure our home for the winter.

A few nights ago I solved the arrangement challenge that I was having with a song. I get hung.up differently than I used to. My creativity is flourishing like a waterfall. Now the larger challenge lies with arrangements. Both pre and post recording. But, this is an area that I am glad that I am experiencing. I can recall not too long ago when I didn't have a project studio, nor did I have the quality recording gear that I have now. The days and nights salivating over the equipment that I was researching prior to purchasing. And now, scratching my head when I get stuck on an arrangement. Talk about growth.

With 2011 coming, I am summing up my plans for website overhauls. I've had a lot of ideas on legal pads the past two years and while I am not going to leak any ideas here now, I do plan to improve the overall look, user interface and bring more content to my sites. Then, there is the dedicated website for my record album. That is another iron in the fire. It's not hard work. It's just work that takes time and when you wear all the hats, it takes longer.

Most of my days I live with urgency. Not because I will be 57 years old come December 20th, but rather, there is so much to do in life and so little time. Being excited about life [in itself] is simply not good enough. You can be happy and passionate in everything that you do. But it still takes TIME to get things done. Wasting time is also a precious past time that can be enjoyable. Admittedly, I don't dabble much in this category. However, I'm not going to lie about it. Everybody [including me] wastes a little time now and then. I think it's healthy and I don't think goofing off is a waste of time either! We're all human. Fiddling around and kicking a can should be a priority on your ToDo list. You gotta spend time playing no matter how much work you have to do. But, if you can blend the two of them so working becomes your playing, now you have something to really get excited about. And when you place urgency on THAT then you will get more done in the same amount of time you originally had. Don't hold your breath or stare at clocks... poof, you're dead.

I look forward to seeing SOME of you in Heaven.

HHNET