Sunday, February 17, 2013

Survival Simplification

Well, so much for blogging every week. But, I will keep trying to blog once a week.

January 14th I had surgery on my left arm for ulnar neuropathy. Thus far, it seems like nothing is better post surgery, to the point of being worse.

Music has declined. No guitar playing. Hardly ukulele but I keep trying. I am able to tinker with the MOTIF synth but I become physically tired quickly. Some days my hand and arm are tired when I wake up. This is a disturbing new truth for me.

Of course, as you might suspect, using computers of any kind has become an enemy to my hand and arm. Including iPad. Many days, just holding the iPad is asking too much.

So, what's next?  Well, I am contemplating that. I know that I am going to need to shift my life into a new direction. This is not going to be a pleasant decision. I know, for now, that music is going to get put on the back burner [again] for "x_" amount of time. This is most disturbing and emotionally upsetting for me. But, hey... that's life, right?

The first thought that comes to mind is survival simplification. This entails doing whatever  creates the least amount of stress for my hand and arm. Also, the main thrust here is to improve the quality of life as well. Obviously, computers need to take back seat, as in like 90% of the time. How does a person do that? I suppose I am going to learn how.