Sunday, June 22, 2008

June Activities

June is almost over already!

The studio has yet to get finished. I still need to take part of my mixer stand into the city and get a custom weld job to extend the stand to uprise through the studio table. This past month has been chaulked full of headaches, spinal issues and general "off my feet" adventures, but I am hoping to schedule a city trip come July.

Playing games this month shifted off of the NDS and GBAmicro to the 360 where I am finally playing, "The Orange Box" which although in the eyes of most PC gamers, playing Half Life 2 is old news, Orange Box is a great bundle of 5 games to play on the Xbox 360. Also, Half Life 2 and its episodes are much better on the higher 1920x1080 resolution accompanied by optical TOSlink surround sound. Next week we go into the city so I plan to pick up a copy of Supreme Commander and Frontlines: Fuel Of War both for the 360. Of course, there are 6 new games coming between now and December that I am awaiting to play and they all are good so I can't really just pick one out and say it's the best. However, I am very much looking forward to playing Supreme Commander, World In Conflict, Tom Clancy's End War & H.A.W.X., and Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution. Oh, and jeez I forgot Fable 2, C&C 3:Kane, Madden '09, and Gears Of War 2, ohh man and Dead Space! There's no end!!

Meanwhile I have been setting up my MOTIF_XS haphazardly just so I can at least have some fun and continue learning how to use this monstrous and powerful music computer. The pattern mode is becoming more friendly and I am looking forward to the OS patch from Yamaha that should be out this week as a matter of fact. The main thing I am looking for is storing the username and password for LAN mounts instead of having to enter each time you connect. As for the new option to include a standard QWERTY USB keyboard for data entry, I'm not that impressed. The whole point to using a workstation is to, "Get away from using a computer" so I am not in a hurry to start using PC junk with my workstation.

The MOTIF_XS has 16-track automated mixing built-in, but it's surely not as productive as having hands on the O1X. Still, on days such as today, its nice to sit and putz, "completely standalone on the workstation" and compose, edit and arrange music without having PCs or MACs in the picture. Although, I WILL say MAC is fun to have around musical instruments much more than the PC.

RV life is about the same as always--wonderful. More city people show up now that summer is upon us but still things are relatively quiet and peaceful here whereas this is an upper class resort and the clientele who visit here are not trailer trash. Been enjoying nightly walks and taking nice photos of the sunsets. Until nextime...

;;cheers;;