Monday, August 04, 2008

Internet Woes

Trying to get something done without Internet is not only frustrating but unattainable. The Internet has now become an electronic service necessary to accomplish daily tasks such as online banking, business transactions, retail purchases and social communication with family and friends.

Today I was [again] greeted with no Internet. We are scheduled to get a dedicated drop from the pole on the 12th and tomorrow I have requested they make a service call and replace this modem which I feel is dropping carrier.

Meanwhile, the frustration grows because every thing I do on the computer requires the Interent. Currently, I am constructing the newsletter which requires my FTPs. Additionally, I have began the production of a DVD from my step-daughter's baby shower, which requires my FTPs and the Internet. I had scheduled two minor changes to a website and have one PCTech back-channel update which requires Internet. So, it goes without saying, we live in a world where not having electricity, Interent and cellphone tower service is not a invenience but rather a non-acceptable practice.

I shall do as much as I can offline during these downtimes, but surprisingly, not much can be done. It doesn't take me long to do anything and more often than not, I require a hot Internet connection more than 80% of a common day.

;;cheers;;