Saturday, February 14, 2009

Rewire Time

Right when I was about to order speaker monitors and subwoofers, it came to my attention that the arrangement of gear in my studio area, including gear on the other side of the RV needed to get swapped with the studio-space side. For very good reasons, it is a good thing that I caught my own oversight! Now, all present entertainment functions will be possible at any time, along with the recording studio. Had I went ahead as planned, home theater surround, cableTV and Xbox360 on 30_inch_LCD would have gone down the drain.

So, next week is a RIP-UP when i remove all cable runs for cableTV, surround system, ethernet and power. New power runs as well with both line conditioning and UPS's on both sides of the truck, then run new cable runs from the forward cab and back to the electrical panel.

This is good timing. The 2 new iMac24s won't be here for a month anyhow, and the Vista laptop that is currently in use will be installed "under" the studio table and be a dedicated power-on to Cubase and mLAN for 01x and MOTIF_XS.

All in all, I am pleased. Even though I am two months behind my original projected schedule. In the end it don't matter anyhow. If the studio setup is not functionally correct, I won't be publishing any redbook CDAs. Where I come from, they call that confidence.

;;cheers;;