Saturday, August 01, 2009

Music On Hold And Very Busy

Taking my dream of constructing a home recording studio and having those plans come to fruition have been nothing less than stellar. And on July 8, 2009 I began recording album song # 1. Whereas I wrote this song nearly 30 years ago, I chose to record this song in a linear fashion. So, it wasn’t long before it came time to record many vocal tracks which were planned to be appropriately processed through a high quality vocal processor. Unfortunately, there were delays in late June, including the purchase of the new vocal processor which led to my halting recording altogether. The plan was to begin recording this first song after I had purchased a new 12-string acoustic electric guitar and the vocal processor, but the timing didn’t flow as nicely as I had hoped. In any case, the framework for the song is recorded and I am now at the point where until these vocal tracks get recorded I am not prepared to continue. When I began recording, I promised myself that I would not get scattered and that I would maintain my focus on just the one song I am currently recording. Of course, I still play the MOTIF_XS for enjoyment and work on small projects using its built-in sequencer and mixing power.

As for busy. Well jee. I am actively updating and constructing replacement websites for all of my current sites. Many of these sites and pages are ten years old and are needing complete surgery to get ripped from their roots and placed into the new design shell and theme. Along the way, I had to learn a couple new web tricks and implementing them at first was not as easy as I had first imagined. But, designing on paper first always has its niggles by the time you get to actually coding it. And, although Web 2.0 helps, there are still browser-specific anomalies to contend with. All in all, this project is coming along nicely, but it keeps me very busy to the point where I have needed to all but eliminate my Xbox360 gaming time.

While breaking from web work, I have been spending time visiting my old stomping grounds at PCTech on Paltalk Messenger. I was recently invited back to be admin which I accepted. It was my feeling that “the kids” [that’s what I call the group] would enjoy having my personality and expertise, back in the room. I chose to burn a solid 32 hours rejoining the room and enjoy both old and new friends. However, my focus is not to manage assisting PC problems. I would much rather concentrate on  improving room morale with attitude adjustments and room entertainment. Already, there are enough admins to help fix PC problems. So, I felt my participating in a vocational capacity would be more beneficial to everyone than my simply dispensing help in a robotic fashion. Look forward to seeing you there.

HHNET