Saturday, September 05, 2009

NASAV_studios - Great New Stuff



Hello! I always prefer to include a photo or graphics. It makes for a much more interesting blog, it looks better and I would like to believe the people who take the time to check out my blogs enjoy them more because of the photos.

Anyhow, I was using bing.com and searching for an 01X shot and low and behold, here is MY own photo that I posted to a blog quite some time ago. It's a great shot and I decided to kick off this blog with it. Five years ago I dreamed and drew on paper, the idea of having a recording studio in a motor home. And I also wanted to record with Yamaha 01X, Logic and on a Mac. It is absolutely delightful that those plans came to fruition. Using Logic 9 on Mac with the 01X is pure bliss. There is lots of learning, so I will be purchasing some additional video help to keep the recording pace moving.

As with any plans in life, there can be delays. In my case, the delay has been with some key items. It's Sepetember and I am just now ordering my vocal processor, an Ibanez AEL2012 acoustic electric 12-string guitar and case, a ART V3 tube mic pre-amp and a pair of KRK near-fields to survive on until I can decide what I really want to mix and master through.



Now that Logic Studio 9 is up and running on my Mac, music and recording has already become a ton of fun. As I complete my initial studio purchases I continue to iron out various niggles and kinks that arise in any project studio, especially in the beginning days. But, overall I am very pleased with the pro gear that I have bought and how these devices are performing for me.

Currently, I am having a blast with this free AU plug called DrumCore_3. It's an amazing tool to assemble high-quality drum tracks that don't sound like your typical loops. For one they sample everything at 48KHz, 24-bit so everything has lots of punch and dynamics. Then they stylize the drumkits to match legendary drummers! This is not only very fun to use, but the shear quality of this system is wonderful.

Using MOTIF_XS and its arppegios and built-in samples can render some very dynamic drum tracks, and I do use them. But for my songwriting purposes, I am already finding DrumCore_3 to surpass using my XS at all for drum tracks. Actually, I am grateful for returning to Reaper's forum to check up on the Mac version, when I stumbled upon a user writing about DrumCore3 and he posted an .mp3 he recorded. I was impressed and immediately headed to Submersible's website.

In closing, I am very jazzed to be buying a new 12-string guitar. I miss playing guitar very much and look forward to getting up to speed quickly so that I can begin recording my guitar tracks and getting some live video to my listeners.

HHNET