Saturday, December 20, 2008

Nailed Again - Mandatory Accomplishments

Well jeez. If I allow it, that's sorta depressing. My LAST blog on the 12th, I was nailed and here I am today, on my birthday even, enjoying another glorious morbid migraine. But, winter is here, its generally colder all the time, so I am experiencing the "accumulative effect" of cold which hassles my skull, neck, spine and stirs up the pain department in such a fun way.

There is a good side to this coin. I haven't blogged from Dec 12 to Dec 20 because, along with a lot of pain, I've been busy constructing the new Nintendo DS website with chatbox at http://happyharry.net/slot1 OR you can visit my website and click on the Nintendo DS logo which I will be drawing a dedicated graphic for the slot1 site in the coming days.

The studio table is here and outside leaning against the RV. This is all about timing, including my health and the weather. It's been raining and snowing off and on and I need a dedicated half day to rip out the furniture in here, get the table installed and then properly tarp the furniture outside for the winter until I can move them to storage in the spring to keep so if/when I sell this rig, I can reinstall the default chairs.

I've been looking through a studio catalog at some other table designs. One looks like it might work better, but stragely enough, there are no dimensions listed with the product. Now why would any company have a gorgeous, color photographs of their products of custom furniture WITHOUT DIMENSIONS?! That's like throwing an Easter egg party and having no eggs!

Finalized my cabling inventory so I could make a list of the new cables I need to order for the initial studio setup. Just a tad over $300 dollars plus tax. I suspected as much. Also, I am going to purchase the reference monitors individually, rather than as a package deal, because solo they each come with nice stands and Auralex MoPads. Oh!? Which monitors? I decided to go with the Yamaha HS80M, and HS10W sub.

I'm just anxious to get my gear jacked so I can sit down and do music. I am music starved. Also, I miss creating parady materials for the gang at PCTech. I'm sure many of them feel left out because I initially made a handful of songs for some people, but never got to finishing the song list due to having to tear down my gear to construct the studio space. But, 2009 should prove to be fun. Both making their parody songs and experiencing their reactions. P.S. One of my 2009 New Year's resolutions will be, "to be LESS politically correct than in 2008" so look out world, here I come!

This dang headache is wearing off about as fast as defrosting meat in a freezer. Jeez, I get sick of this crap. I've had a couple NEW chats with God recently about what the heck is going on. So far He appears to remain neutral on these matters which is annoying me. When someone comes to me for help and answers, they get, "Johnny on the spot service!" What gives? I keep asking myself, "What am I missing here? What am I supposed to be learning from this experience?" I shall remain vigilant in my being still and listening so I won't miss the downlink when it happens.

Back to music, I have decided to rerecord John Fogerty's song, "Don't You Wish It Was True" and plan to gain legal rights to do so through ASCAP and BMI. It's such a happy song and I can already here my version in my head.

Additionally, whereas I am dangling on a string here musically with all of my gear, "stowed away in the RV" to make space for constructing the studio area... I enjoy listening to these snippets 3 takes; 2 spanish guitar and 1 harmonica and here is two Harry's and one 12_string trying out my new RODE_NT1_A Large Condensor Diaphragm microphone

Hope You like them!

Okay, I gotta see what I can get done, this website needs to be done tonite so I can shoot all the apps up to my FTP for the homebrew and dvd_to_dpg_guide.

;;cheers;;