Saturday, May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm Late

Time flies when you’re having fun… or when you’re slammed with headaches like I am. Nevertheless, I do try to remember to blog here about what’s going on with me.

Most recently I am songwriting, staying in practice on the MOTIF and continuing to finish up the details constructing NASAV_studios.



Yeah, I know. You’ve been hearing about this for over a year now. Well, take it from me. I planned this for years before I began and although I am four month behind my initial estimated time of completion, I AM COMPLETING. The studio will be wonderful when it’s done and worth all of the man hours PLUS the down-time due to my health, which both played a part in completing the studio project.

That photo above is a Yamaha QY100 which is a portable, 24-track sequencer. Mine happens to be one-of-a-kind being “backlit” when powered by 110V AC. I use this device for sketching out song ideas and testing song construction. This is a fast and easy tool which saves me a lot of time. If the idea doesn’t work here, it is seldom that I will continue the project on my MOTIF_XS workstation. The QY100 operates for only 3 hours on batteries but I use it most of the time jacked into the wall power so the backlit screen is powered. Data saves are managed using 128Megabyte SM flash memory card. Musical data is shuttled directly to the MOTIF_XS via MIDI where then musical instruments are chosen and reassigned to tracks as well as any additional song construction is managed.

In other news, we installed an icemaker in our motor home which is really nice. No more buying ice! Also, our ice now is made using the bottled water we prefer and the ice does not dis-flavor anything we drink when using ice cubes we make. Looking forward to using this machine a lot come summer. Shall keep an ice chest full all year long.

;;cheers;;