Saturday, April 05, 2008

It's Great To Be Back

Wonderful. Today I am blessed with a obnoxious and witty sense of humor and pain levels are relatively low which makes for fun times.

Today I will be yanking the 3 lines of cable in the RV and rerunning new lines. The main purpose is to eliminate 1 of the 2 splitters and replace with a proper 3-tap splitter. Also, the splitters in here are the wrong dB type for the Internet cable. Additionally, I am running a line to feed outside.


The forecasted rain never came. I'll wait another week and if still dry I will begin the NASAV Studios™ table construction and order a nice suede desk chair.

One of my P4 XP machines got redone yesterday. After a whopping 4 months, the OS blew out leaving me with no Start menu. Luckily I was able to use task manager and get to FastLynx and shoot all of my apps over to the Vista laptop via the LAN. So am now just setting back up my usual apps such as Studio 8, Canvas X and Camtasia to do some more help videos.

We did 6 hours of metro hysteria days ago and although enjoyed that time, I was majorly trashed the following day. Nevertheless, I found a couple Xbox games that I wanted and at prices below my expectations. Ultimate Alliance is a fun button-masher game, great graphics and I like the RPG element blended into a 3PS action game based on the Marvel super hero cartoon characters. The surround is well done this is truly a pick up and play game.

I am just about ready to create stands to use for installing the sampling DIMM memory into the MOTIF_XS. I think I will use bricks and wrap them in towels. The 61-key workstation must be flipped over and positioned in a very specific way so the brick supports miss the keys and buttons yet hold the unit firmly so the DIMMs can be installed properly.

The animal life outdoors is nice to hear. The squirrels are back and it appears we have 2 couples of Mallards that hang around our place during the day. They wander around looking for "food handouts" but even if we don't feed them, they just sit down and nap here most of the day.

Providing Monday is dry, I will give all of the exterior RV trim another "once_over" with flat black latex. This includes the hood, bumpers, and skirts. Really looks nice and lasts about a year.

Bought some new wheel covers (hub caps) for the car and will install those after picking up a rubber mallet. I gave mine away with a set of tiki lamps and stakes.

Late this afternoon I shall construct the April edition of the PCTech newsletter and publish on Monday the 7th.

;;cheers;;