Monday, April 07, 2008

A New Day

In other news I am at least a day behind, but am feeling better so shall tackle projects I had planned to finish 20 hours ago, including PCTech's newsletter for April.

After much research and shopping I believe I found a chair that will be suitable for the studio.It is a task chair with arms covered with suede and is immediately comfortable.

Still having upload difficulties and this problem appears to be with my ISP. I had their technicians triple check my hardware and lines here only to find that the equipment on this property is so old that trying to achieve a sustained 460 kbps upload speed under load is asking too much. I'm not sure as yet how to resolve this matter. Just one of my website designs has literally thousands of, "image slices" which time out when trying to upload them. This means, a project that I have designed and completed over a month ago, is still not published. This is a very frustrating situation whereas my hosting service just replaced their servers and hubs with the latest hardware technologies making for fast service to visitors. Now, if I can only get my files ONTO my server!

Still shopping for digital camcorders.


My XP install is acting up on my 6 year old P4. I couldn't find the install CD for my nVIDIA graphics card and the latest version Forceware drivers do not work well with this chipset. So, today I shall go through all of my discs to find that driver CD.

The Vista laptop received a juicy, "KILLDISK" yesterday along with BIOS diagnostics and a fresh factory restore from the 2 HP DVDs. It's again running like a champ and this machine now has a dedicated purpose serving Kathy's needs.

I shall return here when I get caught up with yesterday.

;;cheers;;