Friday, April 25, 2008

Nailed Again • Life Is Slowing Down

Well isn't that special. It's Friday already. Jeee, that was a nice week that just whizzed past me without even saying, "Hello".

It's [comparatively] warmer today. Still, in the 50's but my body's whacked-out thermostat is aware that the barometric pressure has changed and the mean temperatures have increased. There have been times when I am just plain boiling up and I will turn on the air conditioner when it is only 65ºF ;;heh;; I can remember when any temperature lower than 80ºF was freezing cold to me. Well... that was 8 years ago in Florida. Wow, almost a decade already since Ohio and the girls, then back to FL, then dad sick and then California. All seems like a blink of the eye.

I think I might be getting old. I spose up until now it hadn't occurred to me that fifty-four years have zipped by me while I was pretending that time stood still. Then one day you wake up and realize that life only let's you pretend just ONCE and then it's over.

When I get NASAV_Studios™ operational I will feel emotionally better. I am frustrated now. I am at least four months behind schedule. I thought it would never stop raining. But, it finally did. So, now it's time to customize the table and to acquire some ABS PVC to test it as a substitute mixer stand pole which will rise up through the table. Hopefully, this idea will work. If not, then I will have to build something using wood. So, again, I need to drive into town with my measurements and see what I can work out. Ideally, if I could buy a piece of aluminum or steel with the two different dimensions for each end, that would be sturdier than the plastic, but I think the thick ABS will suffice. The mixer weighs less than 20 pounds and the length is not excessive.

I'm feeling laziness set in already and spring isn't even here yet. I look up at the ceiling and remember that I never repainted it flat-black as planned and now from the kitchen back to the bath and bedroom I am going to paint flat-white. So, I have painting work to do before summer 2008 passes; which it will; everything does.

As the days pass, I notice I nap several times within a 24 hour period of time. This napping is on top of my existing 4 to 6 hours sleep that I experience most days unless I am in coma sleep due to pain. Things are slowing down. The other day I thought back to 2001 when the doctors gave me 15+ years. Perhaps, what I am expriencing is the autumn of my life. I am spending time caring about what ultimately matters. Though I don't think I have sorted out what that is as yet. Perhaps I will write a song about that.

Still enjoying the NDS which has strayed my time away from the PC more and more. I plan to get my PC projects done before spring is over. Help videos, a couple new websites and other ideas I've had on paper to construct and be done with.

It's nice that James and Kathy has joined twittering with TheGraz and me. I twitter and even blog now using my NDS. Surprisingly, it is not much slower than using a PC. Sure, typing a story using a standard keyboard is a plus, but many other times, it is very convenient to hop onto the NDS via wi-fi and post my 2 cents.

Time for a nap. We'll catch up later.

;;cheers;;