Monday, January 12, 2009

Arrogance Blundered

Hello and welcome to another mental adventure through the mind of Harry.

After careful considerations during the design phases of my project studio [that is what they call home recording studios] I had included all space and every conceivable lifestyle activity that would be physically near or involved in the, "studio space".

Now that the table and first chair is actually physically inside the motor home, it has come to my attention that moving the O1X to my left hovering just above the MOTIF_XS workstation would be best suited for my habits. I tend to use the O1X left handed much more than right [and I am right handed] but the reason for this is because I can have my right hand on workstation, piano, keyboard and mouse controls while having a free O1X hand.

It doesn't appear as yet, that I will be able to utilize the HS80M monitors and will forced into the HS50M series simply because of space. From a monitoring standpoint this could serve as a plus because the smaller 5_inch monitor woofers [along with sub_woofer] replicate the mix typical of most car CD audio systems; which certainly will be ONE of my target audiences.

The HS80M has richer lows they could certainly be utilized from an audio standpoint, but in this case, physical space is going to win. I have table room for the 8's, it's just that by the time they get foamed up with Auralex_MoPads and put on stands, they collide with the O1X. Especially with the O1X elevated on a stand versus sitting atop the table surface, which doesn't work for me anyhow. So, the money saved on the 8's will pay for the cables. I spose that's a plus. I'd still like to uncover a way to use the 8's.

Also, looking at different power line conditioners. I don't want any of this gear just 110'd off the 20amp line. However, I must say that I have NEVER suffered any line conditioning issues in any capacity in the RV since the day we bought it. I have friends who cannot boast that kind of electrical power confidence, especially with audio and amplifiers in the picture.

Right now I am days away from getting a stress test to determine whether or not I get an angiogram. But the cardiologist has already shown confidence that either a stint or angioplasty will be necessary based on my symptoms and behavior. I am not a cardiologist and I too can certainly vouch for his qualified opinion.

On another note, my life partner Kathy, is doing a magnificent job tolerating me and my attitudinal changes since my heart began hassling me. I look forward to this nonsense to be in the past so I can get on to whatever time I am granted to use on this planet.

;;grin;;