Saturday, January 10, 2009

Studio Delays

Well, installed studio table and chair yesterday. Although I had computed all space, to scale, on the computer ahead of time, there were issues with the 5_spoke chair base as well as the depth of the table conflicting with the table on the other side of the Rv.

In any case I drug out both the MOTIF_XS and 01X to try out some spacial ideas and to get them out of storage and temporarily jacked them into a cheapo stereo so I could at least tinker on the ivorys last nite, which was fun.

I have changed my plan and will pop_up through the table with the 01X stand to the LEFT of the MOTIF which will place it above and over the DPS/faders/v_pots on the MOTIF. leaving more space in front for a keyboard and mouse. Also, I don't truly see the HS80M reference monitors really working in this situation and will use the HS50M's which are more than adequate to monitor mixes for the target audience, which are CD_car stereo systems and the average home PC/MAC 2.1 speaker setups.

So, some dissapointment, but shall resolve somehow, someway. In coming days will drill the table holes for cable routing and the two stands uprising through the table, 1 for mic boom stand and 1 for the support stand for the 01X mixer. Then we'll give it another go.

I'm very physically sore today and I had a lot of breathing and energy issues while working. I only have 5 days to wait for my stress test. I saw cardiologist yesterday and he was sensing that I prolly will need stinting but we shall see.

So today I am cooling my jets. Later will swap computers at the booth. Moving the Vista laptop to the other side and setting up 19" and my PC on this side with an A/B box between PC/360 whereas the 30" is overhead to my right. Surround can still be used as normal while playing on the 19" and thanks to the Sphere_X system, I can easily adjust the surround to exactly where I am sitting.

Got a little stuck for first level in Gears of War 2. shall get past that during next sessions play.

More to come.

;;cheers;;