Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Answers To Your Questions

Since I'm back to blogging, some of you have asked me questions about previously announced projects that I am currently working on.

Q: What about PC Help Videos, are more coming?
A: Yes, two are in production now.


Q: What do you mean in production now? I thought it took 10 to 20 minutes to make one?
A: Correct. Some help videos do only take a few minutes. Other videos take much longer for they require your PC to be in a certain state of affairs. Meaning, perhaps it's necessary to manually infect the PC first in order to show [in the video] how to remove malware, etc. Then there is post production. Adjusting audio, and adding zooms and pans so you can easily see what I am showing you in the video. Many content creators on the Internet simply record the screen and it's not easy to see what they are showing you because things are just too darn small. I don't subscribe to this formula so my way of producing videos adds up to taking much longer to create them.


Q: Where are the ducks?
A: You'll see them upon the completion of the NASAV website still in design.

Q: You mentioned "Flashing" your websites?
A: Yes, two have been drafted to legal pads and are ready for construction.

Q: When will these sites get constructed?
A: That's a good question. Considering that I am already buried, I'd say Q4 2008.

Q: What about your music?
A: I am very busy home schooling myself. But, some audio snippets are coming soon.

Q: What is HappyHarryNET_TV?
A: HHNET_TV is a new website where you can watch videos of HappyHarryNET projects such as live music recording sessions from NASAV Studios™ and see photo albums too.

HOME SCHOOLING HARRY
Some of the materials that I am currently studying are very interesting and fun to explore. However, for example, shown below is just ONE paragraph where you will find a bevy of verbiage and terms that are all real and they really do what they say they do. And until you learn how they work, you don't get anything accomplished. Agreed, had I recorded and captured every minute of practice on the MOTIF you would be hearing interesting music along with a lot of not-so-interesting audio junk. Most of it has been bits and pieces with a ton of mistakes. Remember... making zillions of mistakes equals unparalleled success at whatever it is you are trying to accomplish. Once I am up to speed with my new toys I can begin creating serious audio productions.

==========
EXCERPT FROM YAMAHA ABOUT MOTIF XS PERFORMANCE MODE:

Each Performance can be up to four Voices (each placed in a PART 1-4) and can include an AD INPUT Part, as well. [Harry note: the AD INPUT just mentioned means recording something using the Analog/Digital inputs via the integrated sampler] All PARTS of a Performance can recall their Dual Insertion Effects. And since you have the capability to use up to four simultaneous ARPEGGIOS, each of the synth PARTS can be under the control of a separate ARP phrase. Additionally, five sets of arpeggio phrases can be associated with each Performance – allowing you to have 5 different musical segments. You have the innovative [PERFORMANCE CONTROL] functions that allow you to dynamically control what is happening with each PART and the [SELECTED PART CONTROL] functions that give you the ability to apply 24 knobbed parameters to all four PARTS in common, or you can select a single PART and apply those 24 parameters to just the one PART.
==========

I don't expect anyone to understand the above complex paragraph. But, no other keyboard workstation currently on the market even has peer to peer multi channel Firewire connectivity, never mind the possibility to expand to more flexible connectivity with other products. The MOTIF XS is significantly ahead of any other workstation on the market in it's computer integration. This is, in part, what interested me in buying a MOTIF XS in the first place. Although Korg Karma is really cool stuff, again Yamaha TYROS 3 will be finding a new home when it releases to the public.

What I'm trying to convey is this stuff is complicated and takes time to learn. I don't care who you are or how good you can play music. Simply put, it takes TIME to learn professional audio equipment and become proficient using their features. This extends to other devices such as my 28 channel digital O1X mixer, which now is a joy to use!

To sum this up, this is precisely why I stopped posting music snippets to the Internet. Yes, I know. During the first few days after receiving my MOTIF XS and O1X I got excited and immediately created some junk and stuffed it onto my FTP for you to hear and announced that you can go there to hear new stuff.

But I needed a lot of learning before I truly got started. It's amazing to acknowledge, that by comparison to those December 2007 snippets, my present audio quality has skyrocketed into the 4th dimension. And this is because I have taken MONTHS reading and studying how to use this gorgeous music production synthesizer called the MOTIF XS. If you are interested in learning more, I'd be glad to give you access to the educational portion of my FTP which houses the learning materials specific to the MOTIF XS.

Digressing back to one of the original questions, "Harry when do we get to hear some of your music?" Well, it's gonna be a while still. I am pleased with my progress yet NASAV Studios™ is not complete. Between real life and the speed-bumps that my health tosses in front of me, the months have a way of zipping by. Admittedly I bit off more than I can chew and it has taken me time to get up to speed with all of my new audio toys in between the continued myriad of headaches, spinal issues and BrainCrap that I physically deal with.

WHATS NEW THIS SECOND?
Glad you asked. Right now I am fiddling with the MOTIF XS Vocoder. Initially developed by Bell Labs in the 1930s, music application vocoders started to appear in the 1970s and have been used thereafter in many musical contexts. To name a few; Alan Parsons, Herbie Hancock, Daft Punk and Cher are known for using vocoders in their musical recordings. So, learning how to use the vocoder in my XS was very important to me, because I have some original ideas exclusively intended for use of the vocoder. Vocoding on the MOTIF XS is designed as a real-time, live feature. You can accompany a song live using the vocoder or record the Vocoder to any DAW which I use both Cubase4 and Tracktion3.

;;cheers;;