Tuesday, March 25, 2008

MOTIF XS - What Time Is It?

We all have hobbies and many hobbies surely do help us to pass the time. But not since my entering into the world of Yamaha MOTIF XS have I ever experienced such time loss mayhem.

This is a world class music workstation with a zillion features and I find myself toying around and playing music all day, through the night and into the next day. It is very common to turn the XS on and ;;poof;; 7 to 9 hours just zips by.

Yesterday I was persuing through over 6000 arpeggios to try and learn about, "some" of them. Then I got on a mission to find a great sounding harmonica to accompany the spanish guitars and cello. After looking at the samples list I learned there was one. I just didn't know where it was. Afterall, there are over 1000 sounds per se, but in fact there over 3000 samples in this super musical time consumer.

Then I had a blast using the integrated sampler where you can overdub tracks within the MOTIF itself. Totally cool. Then I spent a lot of time adjusting the mix and effects using its onboard mixer. This is massive fun!

I have some other projects to finish up and I became sidetracked with the MOTIF. So now that I have rediscovered myself, I spose I will finish up my document projects and burn a couple help videos that I've been meaning to get done.

Gosh. I can't wait to get back to losing days while learning how to use my MOTIF XS.


;;cheers;